Thursday, May 1, 2008
And then there was one................
Moving forward, and looking up.
Brett and Sheri
Thursday, April 24, 2008
#3 down, 2 to go......remain flexible
On the surgery front, we have decided, along with Sheri's doctor, to wait 6 months on a mastectomy surgery. She will be having an overectomy in a month or so, but for now we're holding off on the mastectomy. The whole debate is very complicated and emotional. Since Sheri's cancer advanced beyond the breast to the liver and bones, the doctors are more worried about the cancer there than the lump in her breast. She is responding well to her treatment of treating the whole body, so as the body goes, so goes the breast. If you have time it's easier to explain in person. In short we're waiting on one surgery, and having another next month. We'll let everyone know the dates of things as we know. We go in in a few weeks for some update scans as well. Pray for good results.
Brett (Sheri went to bed early tonight)
Sunday, April 20, 2008
Snow in April

We awoke this morning, on April 20th, to snow.......and lots of it. It is flat out dumping! We judge how hard it is snowing by how far we can see. If we can see across the lake, it's light. If we can still see down town, it's snowing pretty good. We can hardly see the houses 200' from our house, it's snowing that hard! Bryce poked his head up, rubbed his eyes and groggily said, "sledding?." Anyway, we thought it was interesting. Like the weather, life teaches us to remain flexible. What you think is a given, just may not be. Our appointments in Spokane went well. We came away confused, encouraged......and know we need to be flexible. We meet with Sheri's doctor Thursday to sort out all the new info and formulate a plan for the months to come. We'll share that info when we know it. Keep looking up.
Brett and Sheri
Thursday, April 17, 2008
Live from the Davenport in Spokane.....
Brett
Sunday, April 13, 2008
...setting surgery dates...
At a later time my doctor will decide whether the next set of scans will be done before or after the surgeries. There is also the possibility that I may continue chemotherapy after surgery, but possibly not too. The good point is that there are options. I liken it to a basketball game. There are many plays the team has practiced, but you wait to choose the right play when you get to that point in the game. My scans, blood tests and surgeries will determine where we are in the game medically.
I will continue to go down for Herceptin every three weeks for ...a long time. We don't know how many months that will go on.
At the risk of sounding completely redundant, we are continuing to pray for a BIG miracle. I know God is ultimately in control. We choose to trust Him and are thankful for His guidance and direction. Thank you for praying with us.
Keep looking up!
Sheri
Friday, April 11, 2008
Remodel Pictures
OK. So here are the much anticipated (well maybe not so much).......OK the much asked about pictures of our remodel project. We actually planned this project before Sheri was diagnosed. After a few months of sitting around looking at each other in the evenings.....well lets just say I got bored. We did: All new doors throughout the house with new moldings and lock hardware. We gutted the master bath and installed a new walk in shower, with river rock tile floor (no it doesn't hurt your feet, it feels cool!). We painted and reused the cabinets and installed two sinks and new counter tops and back splash in the master (we had one sink before). In the guest bath we replaced the counter tops, back splash, sink and faucet. There's new paint in both baths. Not bad for two months, and minimal interruptions to life. We actually enjoy this stuff, it's not that stressful to us. I know it's hard to believe. Anyway, there it is, enjoy it for what it is. We will!

New Doors! Cherry Shaker

Guest Bath

Just after the old shower was ripped out

During Construction

River Rock Tile Floor

Master Shower

Master Vanity


